In 1794 the naval act was passed. The differences between the ships we have now and the ships they use to use are:
- We use automatic guns to fight off the enemy. The modern ships have lots of machine guns torpedoes and much more.
- Another difference is the size of the ships. Modern ships are bigger than what the had hundreds of years ago.
- in the 1700s and 1800s they used the Navy a lot. The Navy was needed. Now its not needed as much as it used to be. USA doesn’t fight as much wars on the water as we use to.
- The Modern ships are made of metal and the older ships were made of wood.
- The old ships used sails and the modern ships now use engines to move.
The similarities of the old Navy ships and the new Navy ships are:
- They have the same purpose To transport soldiers.
- Both of the ships today and the ships from hundreds of years ago are needed in a war.
- Both ship weighed about the same weight.
- Both ships have a beam at least 30 feet or more.
Both ships were needed for the war that they were in. Naval destroyer carried troops and fought off other ships and so did the USS New York.
Although this is not the USS New York but it is the closest thing I could find to it.